Saturday night we decided to try the Drive in movie with the boys. Scott and I had never been either, so, we went to the one in Jefferson off Hwy 18…which was kinda far away. But, we packed up the car with some blankets having no clue what to expect….Well, when we got there around 7pm we realized we were the newbies-most people had huge set ups, camping chairs, air mattresses…BUG SPRAY. I hate to say it but, yes, we were totally unprepared. Anyhow, here’s the low down on our trip and what we will do better.
For next time!
• Yes, get there early, you will get the best parking and food. Cars flooded in at around 8-9 at this place.
• When you park, DO park in the front row of where they will allow larger cars, trucks, SUV’s- this will give you the best view (and not of the truck in front of you blocking half of the screen)
• Make sure to look before you park! To get the best viewing I laid in the back with the boys while Scott parked to make sure we could see the movie screen easily while lying in the Tiguan.
• We only planned to stay for one movie, next time we will stay for both. Hey, we already paid! Plus, evidently everyone only planned to stay for one movie and traffic was a pain.
• Leave the car seats easily accessible and once the boys fall asleep buckle them in. This way we can easily reattach the seats for the drive home without waking the boys.
Next, what to bring with you!
• Toys! Haha, yes, we forgot toys for the boys :0 but, we thought the moving would start sooner! So, next time we will bring things to occupy the boys until bed or the movie time.
• Seats or space specifically for the kids- we mistakenly thought the four of us could fit laying down in the back of the Tiguan.
• Bug Spray or netting! Self-explanatory
• More soft stuff. We brought 4 king size blankets and 2 king pillows, still not enough! (but I also LOVE blankets)
All in all our first drive in theatre movie experience was not too shabby! We saw Despicable Me 2…(for those of you that don’t want to know what happens don’t read this)….I was disappointed! The focus on how weird the female agent was supposed to be detracted rather than added, the plot was a little shaky and it definitely seemed like the sequel that wasn’t as good as the first, also, Despicable Me the original had much more adult humor. It was cute though, just wasn’t as impressed as I’d hoped to be.
Ps…..were still accident free!!